Preparation Time - 10 mins
Baking Time - 20 mins
Number Of Servings - 12
Vegan banana muffins are one of the easiest desserts to make, and this recipe in particular is a much healthier alternative to your regular bakes. It uses brown sugar and whole wheat flour instead of the usual refined sugar and all purpose flour. The chocolate chips add an extra layer of fun, but are optional and you can choose to omit them if required. This recipe is by Rajiyashree, and here is what she has to say - "This is a Whole Wheat Vegan Banana Muffins recipe. I adapted this from a recipe I picked up many years ago. It is the most loved baked treat of mine. My family, friends and clients always ask for repeats."
Vegan Banana Muffins
1. Add the flaxseed powder to 3 tbsp warm water and mix well. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
3. Sieve the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda at least twice into a bowl. Keep aside.
4. In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork such that it is slightly chunky.
5. Add sugar to the mashed banana and mix well.
6. Add the flaxseed mix, oil and vanilla extract to the banana mix. Whisk well.
7. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Ensure there are no lumps.
8. Add the chocolate chips and mix gently, only until it is distributed evenly.
9. Fill the cupcake wrappers with the batter till it is 3/4th full.
10. Bake at 180 C for 18 - 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the muffin.
11. Remove from the oven and rest on a grill rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Share your creations!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.inClick here to order a cake from homebakers.co.in Click here to find online baking and cake decorating classes.
Stay safe and keep baking!