Would you like to try making big, thick, chewy, soft cookies loaded with peanut butter and chocolate? Here is a recipe for big bakery-style peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies from Chef Avin Thaliath, Co-founder & Director of Lavonne Academy of Baking Science and Pastry Arts.
Avin is a chef, educationist, an entrepreneur, author and a PhD holder. He is a bronze medal holder in the Bachelor of Hotel Management degree from Bangalore University and has an MBA in Human Resources. An educationist at heart, he currently serves as the Co-founder & Director of Academics at Lavonne Academy of Baking Science and Pastry Arts, India. He has authored a number of academic journals, books, and monographs and has presented award-winning papers at top-level industry summits. Chef Avin has also served as Assistant Professor at Christ University, Bangalore. With a profile as strong as his, Chef Avin has been featured on television talk shows. His experience in the industry spans many years and he lends his proficiency to the art and science of Baking and Patisserie arts especially as an educationist. You can follow Chef Avin and his beautiful creations at https://www.instagram.com/chef_avin/
Recipe: Peanut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Butter - 74 g
- Caster sugar - 60 g
- Brown sugar - 67 g
- Nestle milkmaid - 33 g
- Vanilla essence - 5 ml
- Peanut butter - 67 g
- Salt - 5 g
- Baking Soda - 1.5 g
- Refined Flour - 107 g
- Chocolate chunks - 50 g
- D chocolate, chopped - 50 g
- Using a paddle attachment, cream room temperature butter, peanut butter, caster sugar and brown sugar until light and creamy.
- Mix vanilla essence into the milkmaid and add to the creamed butter-sugar mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add sifted refined flour, baking soda and salt in three parts and mix until just combined to form a soft dough. Make sure not to over mix at this stage.
- Add the chocolate chunks into the dough and mix. Now, transfer the dough onto a plastic wrap and form a flat slab. Place this on a tray into a refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Now cut, portion and shape the dough into balls and place them on a tray with parchment/baking paper. Slightly flatten from the top.
- Place the tray in a pre-heated oven @ 180-degree celsius and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Once baked, remove the tray from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the tray before transferring them into an airtight container.
Share your creations!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.inClick here to order a cake from homebakers.co.in Click here to find online baking and cake decorating classes.
Stay safe and keep baking!