Preparation Time - 10 mins
Baking Time - 25 mins
Number Of Servings - 6
Baked Yoghurt with Fresh Mangoes
This recipe is for baked yoghurt, which may sound new to many. This is a very easy to make dessert which you can customize with seasonal ingredients or put a unique spin on it yourself. This recipe calls for fresh mangoes, and summer is the best time to try this out.
Bhakti Arora is a celebrity chef, who was adjudged the 2nd runner up of MasterChef India Season 4. This marked a turning point in her life, following which she used her passion for various cultures iterations of food and regional produce and began conducting workshops across the country.
The idea behind baked yogurt is to achieve a very pleasing consistency which makes the yoghurt smooth and thick. It also adds a lot of flavour, given that it has fruit pulp as well as a hint of spice from saffron. The Milkmaid adds a creamy texture which rounds out the dessert luxuriously. So here is the recipe for Baked Yoghurt with Fresh Mangoes -
1. Soak a few strands of saffron in 2-3 tsp of warm milk and keep it aside.
2. In another bowl, mix Nestlé MILKMAID, fresh cream and hung curd and give it a good mix. Mix it until you cannot see any of the three as separate components.
3. Pour it into ramekins and bake in a water bath in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 minutes. This means that you need to fill a tray with warm water and place the ramekins in this tray. Put this tray into the oven and then bake. This prevents the sides from over baking or burning.
4. After it is baked, let it cool down completely. Then, you can pour a little bit of saffron milk on top of each ramekin. Garnish this with fresh mango and pistachio. You can choose any other fruit or other nuts and dry fruits to garnish.
5. Serve it cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Share your creations!
So here you go! I hope you try this recipe at home. Tag @homebakers.co.in on Facebook and @homebakers_co_in on Instagram to share your creation, and we will share your creations on our social media handles!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.in
Stay safe and keep baking!