Preparation Time - 15 mins
Cook Time - 20 mins
Number Of Servings - 8 - 10
Tres Leches Cake
Tres Leches Cake, also known as Rich Milk Cake, is an absolute delight for anyone who loves milk, no matter in what form. It is considered to have originated from Mexico, although there are many disputes about the same. It is nonetheless a very popular cake. Tres leches is usually made as a celebration cake, simply because of how rich the resultant cake is. But you can definitely try this out for any occasion, even when you just want to spoil yourself.
This recipe is by Sonia Gupta of AnybodyCanBake, who is a Healthy Baking Recipe Creator, Baking Trainer, Food Blogger, Author and Product Reviewer. Her journey started as a worried mother of a foodie child. She wanted to ensure healthy eating habits for her family and this grew into a passion and further into a full-blown venture. She is on her mission to help home-makers become home-bakers and learn the art of baking at home without using harmful chemicals and preservatives.
Tres leches means three types of milk. In this recipe, we will use milk in three different forms - whole milk, evaporated milk and condensed milk. So while preparing this recipe, one cannot skip any of these three.
For the Sponge:
For the Tres Leches mixture:
1. In a bowl, take Nestlé MILKMAID, curd, oil and vanilla essence. Using an electric mixer, whisk till you achieve a uniform consistency.
2. Using a sifter, sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt directly into the bowl of wet ingredients.
3. Mix dry and wet ingredients. Slowly add milk little by little to achieve a pouring consistency.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180 C and line an 8x8 inch square tin with parchment paper/butter paper. In case you do not have any of these, simply grease the tin evenly with butter.
5. Pour the prepared batter into the tin and tap it on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
6. Bake for 20 min or until cake passes the toothpick test.
7. Remove it from the oven and let it rest in the tin for 10 min. Then de-mould the cake. Let it cool for another 5 minutes and slowly remove the butter paper, if used. Keep it in a tray/plate.
For Tres Leches Mixture:
1.For evaporated milk - Pour 1 cup milk in a heavy-base saucepan. Stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
2. Allow the milk to simmer on low flame with continued stirring to avoid any burning. Once the milk reduces to half of the initial quantity, then stop simmering. The evaporated milk is ready.
3. In a bowl, take prepared evaporated milk, Nestlé MILKMAID and cream. Add vanilla essence and whisk it.
4. Using a fork or toothpick, prick the cake. Pour this mixture all over the cake. Now keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
1. Whip the hung curd with Nestlé MILKMAID and vanilla essence. Take out the cake from the refrigerator and spread this frosting evenly on the cake.
2. The Tres Leches cake is ready. Top with any seasonal fruit if you would like to. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Watch this video of Sonia Gupta demonstrating how to make Milk Cake.
Share your creations!
So here you go! I hope you try this recipe at home. Tag @homebakers.co.in on Facebook and @homebakers_co_in on Instagram to share your creation, and we will share your creations on our social media handles!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.in
Stay safe and keep baking!