Preparation Time - 15 mins
Cooking Time - 15 mins
Number Of Servings - 4
This recipe for eggless pancakes is by Sheetal. Here is what she has to say about the recipe! Since childhood, I was always fascinated by a simple dessert from Rajasthan and that was Malpua. My Mom and sisters used to make them for me whenever I used to crave for it. Slowly, I found these mini Indian version of pancakes in Rajasthani Weddings as well. I did some research on the internet to understand all about pancakes and found that there are many versions- including some made with healthy ingredients like Wheat Flour, Millet Flour, etc.
But, I always loved the ones my Mom made with just 4 simple ingredients like Wheat Flour, jaggery, cardamom, ghee. I went ahead and gave my healthy pancakes a twist - I added some Millet Flour too and to get that bubbly effect I added baking powder and baking soda. Then, there was no stopping it and I came up with some flavorful pancakes like thandai pancakes with homemade thandai and the journey of simple eggless pancakes just continued in my kitchen.
1. First, take the maida in a large mixing bowl. You can alternatively use wheat flour / atta for a healthy option. Also, add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt (don't add salt if you are using salted butter). Mix well to combine all the dry ingredients well.
2. Further, add the melted butter, 1 cup of the milk and combine well with a whisk. Additionally, add the remaining ½ cup milk and make a smooth flowing consistency batter.
3. Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with butter. Pour a ladleful of prepared pancake batter. Do not spread it.
4. Let it cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
5. Flip over the pancakes and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Finally, serve the eggless pancakes with a topping of your choice, such as Nutella or choco-chips.To make a healthy version of these pancakes, you can use wheat flour or millet flour instead of maida. You can also substitute sugar for jaggery and add in nuts and dry fruits as required.
Share your creations!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.inClick here to order a cake from homebakers.co.in Click here to find online baking and cake decorating classes.
Stay safe and keep baking!