Preparation Time - 20 mins
Cook Time - 45 mins
Number Of Servings - 6- 8
Lemon Oat Tart
A constant struggle for many of us is to decide if we want to eat healthy or tasty food. It becomes even more difficult when it comes to dessert because getting healthy and tasty dessert in one is not easy. Few recipes taste the same when substituted for healthy ingredients. But in this recipe, we get to have the deliciousness of condensed milk and lemon with the nutrients that oats and almonds bring to the tart.
This recipe for lemon oat tart is by Chef Smriti Iyer. She started her blog Smriti's Specialin the year 2014. Although she is an architect by education, she started this blog as a way to channel her knowledge of design using another medium - food! Her speciality lies in designing recipes that that incorporate local ingredients.
Tarts can be made in many ways, and are commonly made using pastry sheets. This is not the case here, as the base will be made of oats and ground almonds (or almond meal). If you're looking for an easy dish to bake but don't want to compromise on nutrition, this lemon oat tart a must-try.
For Tart Base -
For Lemon Custard Filling -
1. Combine the oats and almond meal. Then add All-Purpose Flour and powdered sugar to it and mix well to form a mixture.
2. Add butter and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix until the base has a nice sandy texture.
3. Press the tart base mixture in a Tart ring or Tart pan as evenly as possible and bake for 15-20 minutes in a Preheated oven at 170°C. It should look light golden brown when done.
4. Let the base cool completely.
5. For the filling, combine lemon juice, cornflour, turmeric, powdered sugar and water in a saucepan and gently heat till it thickens. Constantly stir it so it doesn't form lumps.
6. Remove the saucepan from heat. Add Nestlé MILKMAID and some lemon zest and mix well. Cook on a gentle heat for another 30 seconds till it almost bubbles.
7. Take it off the heat and let it cool slightly.
8. Pour into the baked tart base and bake for 20-25 minutes in a Preheated oven at 140°C.
9. Let the Tart cool at room temperature, then put it in the fridge to chill for several hours until it sets.
10. Serve chilled with a garnish of your choice.
Watch this video of Chef Smriti Iyer demonstrating how to make a Lemon Oat Tart.
Share your creations!
So here you go! I hope you try this recipe at home. Tag @homebakers.co.in on Facebook and @homebakers_co_in on Instagram to share your creation, and we will share your creations on our social media handles!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.in
Stay safe and keep baking!