Mississippi Mud Cake by Megha Kwatra - Powered by Van Houten Professional
Ingredients - Mississippi Mud Cake
- Water - 400 GMS
- Butter - 375 GMS
- Sugar - 525 GMS
- Refined Flour - 400 GMS
- Van Houten Cocoa Powder - 48 GMS
- Baking Soda - 18 GMS
- Rum - 75 ML
- Eggs - 5 nos
- Van Houten Dark Chocolate 46.5% - 180 GM
Ingredients - Chocolate Glaze
- Water - 700 GMS
- Sugar - 900 GMS
- Liquid Glucose - 120 GMS
- Cream - 500 ML
- Van Houten Cocoa Powder - 300 GMS
- Gelatine - 40 GMS
Method - Mississippi Mud Cake
- Boil the water and butter together and add the sugar and dark chocolate to it.
- Add the sieved flour cocoa powder and baking soda and mix well.
- Finally, add the rum and eggs and mix till emulsified.
- Bake the mixture at 180 degrees for 90 mins.
- Allow cooling overnight in refrigerator and coat with ganache.
Method - Chocolate Glaze
- Boil water sugar and liquid glucose and cook till 195 degree Celcius.
- Add the cream and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Cook the mixture till it thickens and finally add pre-soaked gelatine, use at 40-degree C.
Share your creations!
So here you go! I hope you try this recipe at home. Tag @homebakers.co.in on Facebook and @homebakers_co_in on Instagram to share your creation, and we will share your creations on our social media handles!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.in
Stay safe and keep baking!