By Akhileshwari Anand Raj
Preparation Time - 10 mins
Baking Time - 15 mins
Number Of Servings - 2-4 people
A crouton, colloquially referred to as a "crout," is a piece of sautéed or rebaked bread, often cubed and seasoned, that is used to add texture and flavor to salads—notably the Caesar salad—as an accompaniment to soups and stews.
Bhavika M, who also has an easy to follow french bread recipe up on the website, has shared this croutons recipe. While croutons are eaten with salad or soup, it is also an indulgent snack. This is a great recipe if you're looking to put a new spin on some bread that you have at home.
1. Take the French bread and chop it roughly in pieces.
2. Unevenly and roughly cut pieces of bread. Once done, add that in large bowl in order to add the seasonings.
3. After this, add oregano, pepper, salt for taste and garlic powder with fab parmesan cheese flavor at the end.
4. When all the seasonings have been added gently pour the melted butter in the bowl and mix well.
5. Once the butter has been settled well add the olive oil and mix well.
6. Once the bread has been soaked with all the seasonings.
7. Place them evenly on a baking tray which is lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake it in a pre-heated oven 200° 12 - 15 minutes.
9. Once the baked croutons are ready you can sprinkle some cheese powder for extra flavors.
Enjoy your Croutons with soup or your choice of salad.
Share your creations!
So here you go! I hope you try this recipe at home. Tag @homebakers.co.in on Facebook and @homebakers_co_in on Instagram to share your creation, and we will share your creations on our social media handles!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.in
Stay safe and keep baking!