Kesar Pista Ice Cream
This recipe for brookies is by Chef Shalini Digvijay. Baking comes naturally to this army wife, who has been putting out skillfully braided Challahs and gorgeous Gateaux for over 25 years. She blogs from an award-winning blog called Baketitude and is an advocate of using locally sourced ingredients to make beautiful bakes. Even though she creates many beautiful cakes & mouth-watering desserts, Shalini is a passionate bread baker, with Sourdough and Babkas being her forte. She has taught High School Math for 11 years and is a voracious reader and a hobby photographer She recently trained from the School for European pastry and now caters her bakes in Delhi NCR.
- 1 and 1/2 cup milkmaid Milkmaid
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 4 tbsp Chopped Pista
- 1 generous pinch Saffron
1. In a sauce pan bring the milk to a boil. Simmer and reduce the milk to approx half.
2. Add the saffron in the end and let it simmer before you turn Off the gas. Allow it to cool.
3. Add in the milk maid.
4. Whisk it well. Whisk the cream till soft peaks if using fresh cream.
5. If you're using non dairy whipping cream, whisk it till turns stiff.
6. Add chopped pista.
7. Mix the two and put in a.metal tin and freeze.
8. After a few hours, blend in the tin so that fewer ice Crystal's form.
9. Cover and f freeze till set.
10. Serve scoops with some more.pista and saffron.
11. If you dont have saffron, you can also use cardamom/ elaichi while boiling milk.
Watch this video of Masterchef Bhakti Arora demonstrating how to make Baked Yoghurt.
Share your creations!
So here you go! I hope you try this recipe at home. Tag @homebakers.co.in on Facebook and @homebakers_co_in on Instagram to share your creation, and we will share your creations on our social media handles!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.in
Stay safe and keep baking!