FSSAI is the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. As per the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, FSSAI registration is a mandatory requirement for food operators across the country. Not only commercial bakery establishments but Home bakers will also fall under the Petty Food Business category. Therefore, Home bakers requires this registration mandatorily.
The process for registration is as follows:
- You can apply online, which we can do for you.
- On application, there may be a visit by an FSSAI official to your home kitchen or studio space.
- Post list and approval, you will be issued your registration with a 14 digit number.
- A copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card of Owner/ Partners/ Director.
- A copy of Property Paper/ Rent Agreement/Electricity or Water bill or any utility bill.
- A photograph of yourself.
- A copy of your signature.
Our fees for this service are as follows:
- FSSAI Registration for One Year - Rs. 750 + GST.
- Registration for every subsequent year - Rs. 500 per year.
Terms and Conditions for the purchase of FSSAI Registration on homebakers.co.in
- The purchase on our website only includes the application fee, service fee and taxes. We will not be liable for any extra cost that the baker may have to incur during the process. This includes, but is not limited to, the cost of visiting the FSSAI office, additional challan payments sought at the office, cost of resubmission of application due to erroneous information given by the applicant and cost of inspection of home kitchen.
- Homebakers.co.in only facilitate the application process. We cannot be held liable for rejection of your application arising out of any reason.
- Registration is valid only if your yearly turnover is below 12 lakh per annum. If yours is higher and you have applied for registration (and not the FSSAI licence), your application cannot be completed.
- Under some circumstances, the FSSAI authority may require the applicant to submit the application in - person at the FSSAI office. This is not under our control. This has to be done by the baker themselves and cannot be done by us, as the FSSAI authority requires the physical presence of the owner of the baking business. Our responsibility only extends up to informing you of the physical visit required. We cannot be held liable for any cost of the physical visit.
- A site visit may be conducted by the FSSAI official before your registration is granted. We will not be responsible for any liability arising out of the same.
- The amount paid by you to us for the registration is non - refundable under all circumstances.