Preparation Time - 20 mins
BakingTime - 20 - 25 mins
Number Of Servings - 9
Chocolate Orange Brownies are definitely a more unique way of eating the classic brownie. While chocolate chip and peanut butter might be familiar customizations, orange brings a kick in flavour like no other. Combining these two flavours will definitely lead to a great results. This recipe is by Neha Singla. Here is what she has to say about these chocolate orange brownies.
If you think about it, orange and chocolate are two completely different ingredients with different flavour profiles. But, when you bring them together, they are absolute magic. To me, oranges have always been a soothing reminder of the calm as it rolls out during the chills of winter. And chocolate has always brought warmth with milk. One day, it dawned on me, what if I combine the two things that I consider heavenly. And thus, Orange Chocolate Brownies came to life. To this day, they are my proudest creation.
Chocolate Orange Brownies
Ingredients for the brownie batter:
Ingredients for the orange cake:
Method for the brownies:
1. Preheat the oven at 180° C.
2. Using a sieve, sift in all the dry ingredients and keep aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add milk and vinegar. Let it set.
4. Meanwhile, in another bowl, add grated dark chocolate, oil and butter and melt together till it is smooth.
5. Now, add the dry ingredients to the milk and vinegar (buttermilk) mixture and mix it using a whisk.
6. Next, add the cooled chocolate mixture to the batter and fold it. Also add vanilla extract and combine.
Method for the orange cake:
1. Using a sieve, sift in all the dry ingredients and keep aside.
2. In a separate bowl, add the curd and sugar. Whisk it until it is smooth.
3. Now, add oil and the fresh orange juice to the curd mixture and mix.
4. Now, add in all the dry ingredients to the curd mixture and fold in. Do not mix it with whisk, use a spatula.
5. Lastly, add the extract and orange zest and mix it once. Make sure there are no lumps.
6. In a greased pan, add the batter of orange cake and brownie alternately, to give it a marbled effect.
7. Sprinkle some orange zest over the batter as this betters the aroma. You can also add thin slice of oranges as in the picture.
8. Bake it for 20-25 mins at 180 degrees.
Share your creations!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.inClick here to order a cake from homebakers.co.in Click here to find online baking and cake decorating classes.
Stay safe and keep baking!