By Akhileshwari Anand Raj
Preparation Time - 60 mins
Baking Time - 25 mins
Number Of Servings - 2-4
This recipe is by Bhavika, who is a home baker and recipe developer. She believes that it is important to understand what are the ingredients which are going to be used. She develops recipes from scratch to ensure that she knows what is going into her bakes. Her inspiration for this recipe of french bread was to find something easy to make which can be enjoyed as a snack. She wanted to find something which kids and adults would both enjoy, and she narrowed in on this. Here is the recipe for her French bread -
1. Take a bowl and add 2.5 Cups of Maida.
2. Add yeast, sugar salt to taste in the Maida and mix all the dry ingredients.
3. Once the ingredients have been mixed add cup of Luke warm water and kneed the mixture gently for 6-7 Minutes.
4. Once the mixture has been kneed add Oil and knead again for 3-4 Minutes.
5. After kneading the mixture shape it in a form of ball and gently press and check if the dough bounces back.
6. Transfer the dough into a well-greased Oil bowl and wait for 45 Minutes for the dough to prove.
7. Punch the dough gently and start forming the mixture into log.
8. Proceed to stretch and make the dough in log shape.
9. Give diagonal cuts with a knife over the dough.
10. Place the dough in a greased pan. Bake it at 180 C for 25 Minutes.
Alternatives and Instructions to be followed for the best outcome.
A. Oil - We can use Olive Oil or any Flavorless Oil for the usage.
B. Yeast - We can also use the Active Dry Yeast in the procedure. Only IF you are using Active Yeast.
Please follow the below process to add the Active yeast in the mixture:
1. Take 200 ml Water of Luke warm water and 1 TBSP of sugar with the 1 TSP Yeast.
2. Let the mixture bloom for 10 Minutes.
3. Once the mixture is bloomed you can add the ready mixture to the flour which has salt added.
Instructions to be followed during baking:-
A. Before putting the mixture in the Oven, gently smear the proved bread with milk Mixture.
For Milk Mixture:
B. Cover the Baking Tin with Aluminum foil, parchment paper or butter paper during the first 20 Minutes of baking. Once 20 minutes have been completed you can remove the foil and continue baking until the bread turns golden brown.
Share your creations!
So here you go! I hope you try this recipe at home. Tag @homebakers.co.in on Facebook and @homebakers_co_in on Instagram to share your creation, and we will share your creations on our social media handles!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.in
Stay safe and keep baking!