Preparation Time - 15 mins
BakingTime - 30 - 40 mins
Number Of Servings - 8 - 10
Here is a recipe for a cake combination which is very unlike any other - Mango Cherry Cake! Once you have satisfied your cravings for the usual desserts like sponge cake and brownies, this flavour combination will really wow you. Mangoes are seasonal so it is best to use fresh mangoes, but it is also possible to use frozen mango pulp with the same result.
This recipe is by Jaya, and here is what she has to say about her cake - “Summer and mangoes go hand in hand, we all love eating mangoes when they are available. A few years ago, I received frozen Alphonso mango pulp from my father. For my sister in law’s birthday, my baker instincts told me that I should bake a mango cake for her. I had some cherries and I decided to fold it into the cake batter at the last minute.
I remember the house smelled of mangoes, and we couldn't wait for it to come out of the oven. Once we had a taste, I immediately knew that the mango cake was a big hit!
I keep mango pulp frozen so that I can bake this cake throughout the year. If you love mangoes, you will definitely love this cake. Go ahead and give it a try and it will be your favourite too.
Mango Cherry Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degree C. Grease a loaf pan.
2. Take a separate bowl and cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the oil and vinegar to it. Add the mango and vanilla extract.
3. To this mixture, add in the eggs one at a time. Add the mango puree.
4. Gradually add the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. If the batter is too thick, then add 1-2 tbsp of milk. You can also add a couple of drops of yellow gel colour if you want the bright colour in your cake. The measurement for the food colour varies from brand to brand as well. Fold in the cherries.
5. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Share your creations!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.inClick here to order a cake from homebakers.co.in Click here to find online baking and cake decorating classes.
Stay safe and keep baking!