Preparation Time - 2 hour 15 mins
Cook Time - 15 mins
Number Of Servings - 12
This recipe for brookies is by Chef Arvind Prasad - he leads the team at Whitecaps International as a Co- Founder and Executive Pastry Chef. Chef Arvind has a great line of work experience with prestigious International brands such as Park Hyatt Dubai, Grand Hyatt Dubai, ITC Gardenia, etc. Apart from teaching, Chef Arvind also consults with leading hotel chains, most recently, he conceptualized the dessert menu for ITC’s chocolate boutique, Fabelle.
Brookies are a combination of two of the most delightful desserts - brownies and cookies! What this achieves is a cookie like structure but it is really moist and has the traditional fudginess of a good brownie. You can try this out at home so that you have a new dessert but the flavours are very familiar and even comforting to many. This does take a little more time than normal brownies do, because the dough has to be rested in the way cookie dough is rested. But regardless of the slight wait period, this recipe is a sure shot to please everyone!
Here is the recipe for making eggless brookies at home:
1. Whisk butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy. The butter should change color from yellow to slightly white.
2. Melt dark chocolate in another bowl and mix it with Nestlé MILKMAID. Add to whisked butter-sugar mixture.
3. Now sieve all dry ingredients and mix with above mixture.
4. Rest cookie dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and roll into balls. Insert a small piece of dark chocolate in the center of each ball.
6. Bake at 160 degree C for 14 minutes.
7. Rest for 15 minutes and serve!
Watch this video of Chef Arvind Prasad demonstrating how to make Eggless Brookies.
Share your creations!
So here you go! I hope you try this recipe at home. Tag @homebakers.co.in on Facebook and @homebakers_co_in on Instagram to share your creation, and we will share your creations on our social media handles!
To keep getting inspired, do not miss out to get the latest updates on our events, blogs and newsletters on https://homebakers.co.in
Stay safe and keep baking!