Royal Icing and Cookie Recipe – By Graziella Augier
Looking to decorate cookies using Royal Icing? Here is the recipe for Royal Icing and Cookie - By Graziella Augier.
Eggless royal icing
- 9 tbsp chickpea brine (Aquafaba) - Water should be drained from a can of chickpeas
- 500 g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp glycerin.
- Whisk the chickpea water until foamy.
- Add 400g of the sugar to the mixture and continue to mix on high speed until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Stir in the glycerine and rest of the sugar, mixing until soft peaks are formed.
- To make the icing thicker, add more sugar and to thin it out, add more chickpea water.
- The mixture should keep for a couple of days, covered at room temperature.
Regular royal icing
- 85g egg whites
- 500g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp clear vinegar
- In large bowl beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Add confectioners' sugar gradually and mix on low speed until sugar is incorporated and mixture is shiny.
- Turn speed up to high and beat until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks. Add vinegar et beat 1-2 more minutes.
- 227 g unsalted butter
- 175 g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 to 3 tsp of any flavoring extract
- 1 tsp salt - 2 tsp baking powder
- 400-425 g - all-purpose flour
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and extract and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, add to wet mixture.
- Roll and cut.
- Bake at 200 Celsius for 8-10 minutes